With 60% of the UK population expected to experience at least one bout of lower back pain within their lifetime and it continuing to be one of the highest causes of disability worldwide, many therapists will encounter clients suffering with this on a daily basis. As with many MSK pains and injuries our understanding of lower back pain continues to evolve.
During this one-day workshop we will be exploring the most current evidence surrounding the management of lower back pain. Including assessment and treatment strategies for the musculoskeletal care therapist.
Course content will include:
• Understanding lower back pain
• Introduction to pain science in relation to Lower Back Pain
• Associated Red Flags & when to refer
• Looking at evidence on correlation between lower back pain and structural changes
• Looking at different lower back specific tests and their reliability
• Lower Back Pain assessment
• Learn diverse soft tissue approaches for treatment for lower back pain
• Using exercise rehabilitation and movement strategies as treatment for lower back pain
• Returning clients to activities of daily living and meaningful activities
• This is a practical course and there will be plenty of opportunity to discuss real life cases that you have encountered in clinic.
This course is suitable for any professional working in MSK care, including; Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Massage Therapists, Soft Tissue Therapists and Sports Therapist. If your qualification is not listed or if you are unsure if this course is suitable for you, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss it.