ISRM Membership - Annual fee £50
Originally called the Institute of Sport and Remedial Massage, ISRM has become known as the Institute for Soft Tissue Therapists since 2010 because of the developments we made to our scope of practice. ISRM is a small professional association that only represents Soft Tissue Therapists who can assess, treat and help rehabilitate minor and chronic injuries. We provide a range of benefits listed below whilst in the background watching and being involved in the professional, political and economic issues that can affect our members.
Benefits of ISRM Membership (click for more)
- Getting new clients through the ISRM online directory of therapists
- Work and job opportunities
- Online forum for members, including work and business opportunities
- Work at major sporting events such as Marathons and Triathlons
- Regular Newsletters and information on legislation & rule changes
- Professional and clinical advice (from Mel Cash and others) available within the members forums
- 10% Discount from Physique, RehabMyPatient and some other suppliers (see below).
- ISRM is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Balens Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. ISRM has a Block policy with them which covers the scope of practice for Soft Tissue Therapy. www.balen.co.uk
- CNHC Registration: Qualified members can register with CNHC www.cnhc.org.uk
- List your business for free on sportsinjuryfix.com to get more clients and some great opportunities to boost your profile at events. They also have lots of very helpful premium features including online booking, customer notes and getting paid for no-shows. Get 10% off as a ISRM member. Find out more and claim your discount here
Benefits and discounts available to ISRM students and qualified members from
Therapists with our BTEC Level 5 qualification can automatically join.
We also will accept therapists from overseas or those who have developed equivalent clinical skills in the UK if they are able to provide evidence or demonstrate that they are able to:
- Assess a wide range of minor and chronic musculoskeletal injuries
- Use a range of soft tissue therapy techniques including massage, neuromuscular techniques, Muscles Energy Techniques (both PIR & RI), Positional Release Technique and basic Myofascial techniques
- Offer effective advice on rehabilitation and improved physical well-being